Acne is a common thing during the rainy season. Due to humidity and sweat, the skin becomes more oily, causing pimples on the face, back, chest and shoulders. People whose skin is dry, become more rough and scaly in this season, due to which acne also starts.
Humidity makes our skin sticky, which is an invitation to pimples, acne, and oily skin. This is the reason why it becomes very important to follow a skincare routine this season. So let’s know how the skin can be kept healthy even in monsoon.
How to avoid or take care of acne during monsoon:
1. Do not over-clean the face, otherwise, it can increase dryness. Dryness increases sebum production, which triggers acne.
2. If you have acne or pimple-prone skin, always use a face cleanser containing salicylic acid. Never forget to apply moisturizer. Use oil-free, gel-rich moisturizers only during the rainy season.
3. Apply a good toner after the face wash, which controls the acne and shrinks the pores.
4. Niacinamide serum can also be used with this, which removes post-acne scars. At the same time, Salicylic Acid Serum will control acne and pimples.
5. AHA BHA serums are also very beneficial in the rainy season, but use them only after consulting a dermatologist.
6. Make sure to use the chemical peel on the skin once a week, it keeps the pores clean.
7. Do not wear makeup for a long time. Also, try to use non-comedogenic makeup only.
8. Acne and pimples that occur in monsoon can be prevented. For this, take a balanced diet, get enough sleep and drink plenty of water.
9. Lastly, always apply sunscreen, so that your skin is protected from the harmful rays of the sun. Even if the weather is rainy, don’t forget to apply sunscreen.