“I am nervous to perform in-front of ace dancer Madhuri ji, says Shilpa Shinde
COLORS is now set to bring back one of its most loved celebrity dance shows Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa after a hiatus of 5 years. The iconic show traces the dancing journeys of celebrities from different walks of life as they let their guards down and fire up the dance floor.
- How excited are you about being a part of ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 10’? I am thrilled to be a part of this reality show. Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa is coming back on television 5 years after my stint in Bigg Boss 11. Looks like the show was waiting for me! When I was offered Jhalak, I couldn’t contain my excitement and I immediately agreed on being a part of it.
- What is the reason behind taking such a long break from screen? I was waiting for the right time and the right thing to make a comeback and I am glad that it is finally happening with this show! I took a break to go away from the hustle bustle of the city and settle down somewhere quiet. I wanted to build my own house and hence I dedicated a few years for this. ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ happened at the right moment of my career and I couldn’t be more grateful to the makers for offering me this grandiose dance reality show.
- Who among your fellow contestants is your biggest competition?
All the contestants are equally amazing, and everyone including me has a fan following. I am not scared of competing with anyone whether it’s Rubina (Diliak) or Amruta (Khanvilkar) or any other fellow contestants. I just want to give my best! I know that the dance forms are going to be very difficult and there will be many lifts and dance stunts in this competition. I am all set to learn new forms and perform all the stunts. My choreographer Nischal Sharma has promised me to teach different secret tricks that will help me in doing the challenging steps with utmost perfection. I am excited and looking forward to this wonderful journey.
- Madhuri Dixit Nene, Karan Johar and Nora Fatehi are judging the show. How did you feel when you met them? Madhuri ji is a legend. My dhak dhak moment was when we were waiting for her to come on the stage for the first episode. We have shot for the first episode of the show and I was very nervous to perform Infront of Madhuri ji as I was performing on her song itself. Moreover, Karan sir is like a ‘teekhi churi’ since he’s a director. He’s a creative person and has his sharp eye on our dance steps and expressions. I am glad to be mentored by the three eminent personalities of Bollywood who are exceptionally talented in their own dance forms.
- Who do you think is the toughest judge? I think it will be Karan. Though it’s a dance show and you expect Madhuri to keenly watch your steps and comment, I think Karan will be stricter.
- What was your reaction when you were offered JDJ? I was waiting for this moment for very long. My first reaction was, ‘I should do this! This is the best.’