Summer in India can be quite hot and humid, so it’s important to choose the right clothes that are comfortable and breathable. Here are some tips for dressing appropriately for the Indian summer:
- Opt for light-colored, loose-fitting clothing: Light-colored clothing reflects the sun’s rays and helps keep you cool. Loose-fitting clothes allow air to circulate around your body and help you stay comfortable in the heat.
- Choose natural fabrics: Cotton, linen, and silk are great choices for summer clothing as they are breathable and lightweight. Synthetic fabrics like polyester and nylon trap heat and can make you feel uncomfortable.
- Wear a hat: A wide-brimmed hat can help protect your face and neck from the sun’s harmful rays
- Avoid tight-fitting clothes: Tight-fitting clothes can be uncomfortable in the heat and can cause skin irritation.
- Dress modestly: In many parts of India, it’s important to dress modestly. This means covering your shoulders and knees. Lightweight, long-sleeved tops and loose-fitting pants or skirts are a good choice.
- Footwear: Choose comfortable and breathable shoes or sandals that allow your feet to breathe.
- Carry a scarf or stole: A scarf or stole can be a versatile accessory that can be used to cover your head, shoulders or neck when you are out in the sun.
Remember, it’s important to stay hydrated during the summer months, so drink plenty of water and carry a water bottle with you wherever you go.