A Marathmoli Chandramukhi is going to be performing in front of the original Chandramukhi, says Amruta Khanvilkar
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa is coming back after five years and there are many expectations from it. What are your thoughts?
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Season 10 has the some of the best judges from the Bollywood. Karan sir brings his quirkiness to the show and entertains all of us. Whereas, Madhuri ma’am is everything related to dance and expressions. Nora brings the youthfulness and cheers all of us. What a journey she has had! This season has phenomenal contestants too and all of them are achievers. The way they’re being presented on the show is amazing. Everyone right from Nia to Gunjan is an achiever. I am thrilled to be a part of this entertaining journey with entire Jhalak family!
- What was the reaction from friends and family when you told them that you are a part of the show?
- They are very happy. My mom is very supportive and Himanshu loves it when I dance. He knows that I am happy when I dance.
- The rehearsals for the show must have been hardcore considering that it is being revived after a hiatus. How was your experience?
- The rehearsals weren’t challenging at all. I am good at classical and semi-classical dance, but when it comes to Bachata and Latin — these are new dance forms to me. Also, I have never performed on the stage while wearing heels, which I have to do on this show sometimes. There are going to be challengeing but I am all up for it! .
- How did you feel when you met Madhuri Dixit Nene on the show?
- Firstly, it was an unbelievable and truly magical experience. I froze, I forgot my lines and I forgotmy entry, it’s because of the aura that she carries, the grace that she has. We were all stunned watching her.
- What is your rapport with the other judges Karan Johar and Nora Fatehi?
- Karan sir and I worked together in a Bollywood film Raazi. At that time, he was my producer and now he’s my judge. He was pleasantly surprised when he got to know that I dance. Nora and I have also worked together. To see her dance journey and to see where she is today, it is very inspiring. I am excited and looking forward to being mentored by these magnificent judges.
- Who do you think is your toughest competitor on the dance reality show?
I don’t think of anybody as the toughest competitor, but I truly admire a few of them. I think Nia is fearless, focussed, and she can do wonders on this show. The youngest contestant on the show is Gunjan who is totally Chota Packet BadaDhamaka. You cannot compete with a child! Gashmeer is like my brother who is always going to be a tough competition. Whereas Rubina carries her brilliant aura wherever she goes and startles everyone with her style.
- Do you think JhalakDikhhlaJaa Season 10 came at the right time for you, especially on the back of your latest Marathi film Chandramukhi?
- Absolutely! A MarathmoliChandramukhi is going to be performing in front of the original Chandramukhi! It’s because of Madhuri Dixit Nene that I’m an actress today. I took inspiration from her, her adakari, and her acting. I began dancing on her numbers at the age of four. There has not been a single Ganeshotsavwhen I didn’t perform on her songs. To perform in front of her is a dream-come-true. Her telling me that she knows about my songs and my films was very special. She even tweeted about one of my films. It feels surreal! There are certain things that the Universe conspires to make it happen and this is one of those. I’m so glad that I’m a part of JhalakDilkhhlaJaa