With the spooky season around, streaming giant Lionsgate Play is all set to celebrate ‘The seven days of Halloween’. The premium OTT platform has curated a list of titles you must watch this Halloween. From Jigsaw to centuries-old cult to a scary bug, what are you waiting for? Get ready to watch some gruesome titles that scares the hell out of you! Lionsgate Play app can be downloaded on Google Play Store, Apple app store and Amazon Firestick at a monthly and yearly subscription of INR 99 and INR 699 respectively.
Halloween has stirred some of the petrifying films of all time— here are 7 titles you must watch on Lionsgate Play:
- SAW franchise: Saw came, Saw conquered, Saw stuck around for a lot longer than people were expecting. A film by many ensemble film makers to create a franchise. The films primarily revolve around the fictional serial killer called the “Jigsaw Killer” or simply “Jigsaw”. Saw, Saw 2, Saw 3, Saw 5 , Jigsaw & the latest edition “Spiral” are all available on the streaming platform.
- The Grudge film series: The Grudge is an American horror film story. The first installment is a remake of Ju-On: The Grudge and follows a similar storyline to the Japanese film. The sequel, The Grudge 2, is not a remake and follows a unique storyline, albeit still borrowing some plot elements from several Japanese predecessors. Another sequel, The Grudge 3, picks up shortly after the events of the second film. A new film released in 2020, was initially conceived as a reboot, but the 2020 film wound up being another sequel.
- The Dark: Directed by John Fawcett, the film revolves around the mourning over the tragic drowning of their daughter Sarah, James and Adèle are visited by Ebrill, a young girl who claims she died 60 years ago and bears a startling resemblance to Sarah. Watch this film to know what happens next!
- Wrong Turn film series: Directed by Rob Schmidt and written by Alan B. Mc Elroy. The film revolves around Chris and a group of five friends who are left stranded deep in the middle of the woods after their cars collide. As they venture deeper into the woods, they face an uncertain and bloodcurdling fate.
- Stir of Echoes: Blue-collar family man Tom Witzky scoffs at supernatural phenomena until he lets his wife’s sister, Lisa, put him into a hypnotic trance. Upon waking, Tom realizes he has a psychic connection with his son Jake. He also has alarming hallucinations of a missing teenage neighbor named Samantha. Tom, convinced his visions will lead him to the girl, begins a desperate search that puts him into a life-threatening situation. The film directed by David Koepp received a 7.0 IMDb rating.
- Warm Bodies: An American paranormal romantic film written and directed by Jonathan Levine is a zombie comedy drama starring Nicholas Hoult, Teresa Palmer, Analeigh Tipton, and John Malkovich. The film focuses on the terrible plague that left the population divided between zombies and Humans. R (Zombie) rescues Julie (Living woman) from a failed escape attempt that embarks them to an unusual relationship.
- Bug: The Bug is a psychological horror film directed by William Friedkin and written by Tracy Letts, based on Letts’ 1996 play of the same name. It stars Ashley Judd, Michael Shannon, Lynn Collins, Brían F. O’Byrne, and Harry Connick Jr. A lonely waitress with a tragic past, Agnes rooms in a run-down motel, living in fear of her abusive, recently paroled ex-husband. But when Agnes begins a tentative romance with Peter, an eccentric, nervous drifter, she starts to feel hopeful again – until the first bugs arrive.
- An American Werewolf in London: This is a horror comedy film written and directed by John Landis starring David Naughton, Jenny Agutter, Griffin Dunne and John Woodvine. David Kessler and Jack Goodman arrive in Northern England for a walking tour. One night, a beast attacks them, killing Jack. Weeks later Jack returns to warn David that a werewolf was their assailant and that he is now the last of the werewolves! The film received a 7.5 IMDb rating that also won the first-ever Academy Award for Best Makeup at the 54th Academy Awards
About Lionsgate Play:
Lionsgate Play, a premium streaming service from Lionsgate India and Starz, offers bespoke quality content to its users. It boasts of thousands of hours of Premium content including Premieres, billion-dollar Franchise Movies and binge worthy Box Sets. Lionsgate Play has a widely distributed network in the region spanning across partnerships like Vodafone Idea, Bharti Airtel, Jio FTTH, Apple TV+, Amazon Firestick, Prime Video Channel, OEM’s with an ambitious roadmap ahead. Lionsgate Play also develops and produces a diverse slate of high budget premium Indian originals.